Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Colors! Colors! Colors!

How can I sit at work and be productive when I have so many decorating ideas running through my head for the house?  I want to jump out of my desk chair and run to Target, Ikea, Lowe's, Garden Ridge, Macy's, and the list goes on (anywhere that sells bright, colorful fabrics and paints).

Where does one start when you have a blank canvas?  What colors do you choose when you have a crisp white canvas to paint (in our case white with green trim...everywhere!)?  I've had several ideas just for the living and dining room... how I choose?

Thank goodness for apps on the iPad like Behr paint, Pinterest, and Words with Friends (sometimes my design brain needs a break).  Even though I'm not totally in love with Behr paint color choices, the Behr paint app is really nifty because you take a picture of anything (screenshot of cute pillows at Target, pillows I already bought from Marshalls, fabric from our existing pillows, poster from Ikea for the craft room...) and you can then select ANYTHING in the picture for it to color match with an existing Behr paint color.  Pretty cool! It has given me a lot of inspiration for paint colors! Then I take a screenshot of that color and it's complementary color palettes and I can pin it to a board on Pinterest so that I can organize all of my ideas and thoughts for each room. Cool? Yes, very cool. Oh technology!  Anything to keep me organized is cool.

 
(who would paint the trim green around those beautiful windows? Sorry, I'll paint you back to a crisp bright white soon!)
 

As we go through the process of changing the house over to our style, I'll be posting before and after pictures.  It will be really exciting to see the transformation take place in our first home!

No comments:

Post a Comment